About the job
· Control the activities of the fire-fighting team both on station and at the scene of fires or emergencies. Organize and participate in fire training and emergency drills, ensuring the maintenance, repair and testing of all fire-fighting and emergency equipment and control and participate in job watch activities, and provide firefighting coverage for airport.
· Prepare and implement detailed work programmes and schedules for assigned personnel at the fire station on Island and ensure specified objectives are achieved.
· Ensure that employees are trained, organized and motivated in order to be able to effectively achieve service objectives.
· Act as “First Man” at the scene of fires, explosions or other emergencies and take charge. Provide immediate appraisal of the situation, inform control necessary. Participate in the investigation of incidents and completion of associated reports.
· Organize and participate in regular and impromptu fire and emergency drills, and provide and participate in fire and emergency training for subordinates and personnel form other locations, on site-company and contractors’ personnel, and defense personnel.
· Supervise and participate in the periodic maintenance, testing and repair of a wide range of fire-fighting, safety and emergency equipment, (including fire-tenders and accompanying trailers, fixed and portable-foam, dry powder and water-extinguishing systems, valves, hydrants and water distribution systems as well as adhered to and records are kept of all equipment and maintenance requirements.
· Prepare requisitions for the replenishment of consumable, safety equipment and spare parts, and control the issue of safety and fire-fighting clothing and supplies, and ensure that correct records are kept of such stores. Evaluate new equipment.
· Control and participate in job watch activities through ensuring the company or contractors’ personnel are fully aware of requirements and assign fire technicians to stand by with firefighting equipment during the duration of gas tests.
· Control and allocate personnel for other standby duties such as during helicopter and aircraft landing and take-off, military flights, loading and off-loading of supply boats and dangerous crane operations, particularly where inflammable materials are involved.
· Administration responsibilities for staff and equipment.
· Assess and select appropriate fire equipment, set specifications.
· Prepare annual fire & Safety equipment budget and follow implementation.
· Manage the breathing equipment apparatus and Gas monitors.
· Issue and follow-up material purchase and store stocks.
· Establish and enforce general maintenance planning for fire & safety equipment.
· Regular contacts at all level with company contractor’s personnel and military, to ensure that the company’s fire, safety and emergency procedures are correctly communicated and adhered to.
· Reports to HSE/Fire Team Leader.
Independence of Operations:
· Is required to take immediate first level decisions during an emergency. Other routine actions are coordinated with his supervisor, work assignments are subject to spot-checking.
· Considerable physical effort during emergencies, training periods and job watch activities. Involves long periods of standing and use of fire-fighting equipment’s.
· Some office work, but most of the work time is spent outside where he is exposed to prevailing weather conditions, plant or emergency situations.
Terms & Conditions:
· Employment Type: Contract Hire
· Duration: Long Term
· Location: Offshore, UAE
· Rotation: 4 weeks on followed by 4 weeks off.
· Remuneration: will be paid month in AED all-inclusive/Month (Please note that the client will fix the salary depending on the interview outcome)