Type of Employment
About the job
- To provide all aspects of day to day contract co-ordination, support, client interfacing and planning for all operational workshop and field activities
Location Basra, Iraq. May require time in other company locations
Type of Role Full Time, Staff
Working Hours Rotational Position - 6 weeks on, 3 weeks off
- Take ownership of customer Projects, Shutdowns, and Work Orders from scope development to execution to shipping to meet schedule, budget, and customer expectations
- Plan & Coordinate equipment, material, logistics, & manpower requirements in conjunction with Workshop, Field, and Operations Supervisors to fulfil Work Orders.
- Monitor the execution of production/field service plan. Report status to clients. Report client’s requirements to the company operations team. Manage variations arising from change of client schedule & scope to both the client’s and the company’s expectation.
- Assist with planning for TAR’s, Maintenance Campaigns, and Project execution.
- Develop and maintain valve registers for client Preventative, Corrective, and Shutdown maintenance programs
- Attend to site surveys, pre-TAR meetings, and field work when required.
- Attend, and lead if required, customer meetings concerning Shutdowns, Projects, and Work Orders
- Prepare Field Work Pack’s under the direction of the Field Supervisor when required
- Assist in the development of Risk Assessments under the direction of the Field & Workshop supervisors when required
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and see through to resolution
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues
- Provide prompt and accurate status, information, & feedback to customers
- Prepare accurate and timely reports for internal and customer distribution.
- Actively recommend and champion, if required, business process improvements & initiatives
Key business objectives:
- Ownership and effective resolution of all customer issues
- Provide critical project co-ordination and engineering support to the project engineers and operations teams
- Co-ordinate all shutdown and site work
Requirements for the Role:
- 3 to 4 years in a similar role in a valve service or similar organization
- Educated to BS Engineering (Mechanical) or HND/HNC technician or equivalent
- Service and application engineering well rounded experience in most types of valves: ball, gate, actuated, control, and PSVs including actuation and instrumentation.
- Basic understanding of Oil & Gas industry project planning, shutdown planning and work order execution processes.
- Basic understanding of common Oil & Gas process flow diagrams
- Familiarity and expose to common process instrumentation preferred
- Some exposure to CMMS systems preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- PC proficiency (MS Office including Project)