United Arab Emirates
Type of Employment
About the job
Job Purpose & Scope:
- Undertake the maintenance, calibration and repair of process control and data acquisition equipment, excluding tele systems, in accordance with correct procedures and standards, and provide work direction to technicians.
Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts):
- Draft work orders and obtain work permits, together with wiring plans and diagrams from Supervisor, review work and arrange for the necessary materials, tools and equipment to complete the task.
- Allocate work to assigned technician, ensure availability of materials and follow-up to ensure satisfactory completion. Participate in the diagnosis of faults. Inspect and test completed work to ensure that it has been carried out in accordance with requirements and that equipment performs satisfactorily, prior to handing back to operating section.
- Install, maintain or repair, on site or in the workshop, a variety of electronic and pneumatic instrumentation.
- Test and calibrate repaired electronic and pneumatic instruments. Run diagnostic programmes for the data acquisition system and programmable logic controller to carry out software maintenance.
- Issue comprehensive daily activity reports outlining the cause of the fault, the nature of the work and the materials, labour and time taken to complete the task.
- Ensure that all tools and test equipment are kept in a clean and serviceable condition.
- To ensure adherence to HSE Standards and Guidelines in all areas of their work.
- Advises Supervisor of spare parts and materials requirements.
- Ensures that all maintenance activities are conducted within company standing instructions and procedures and good oil industry practice.
- Provide training and guidance to newly employed technicians including UAE National Developees to facilitate their assuming their persons in the company.
Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
- Regular contacts at own or next higher level in own department, and at own level in other departments especially Production, to advise work progress and follow-up on technical problems.
- Works in accordance with written instructions, established procedures and trade standards. If unsure, refers to the appropriate manuals or supervisor. Work is subject to spot check.
Standing, walking, climbing, bending and using hand tools, and test instrumentation equipment, often in a confined or awkward position. Work Environment:
Approximately 80% if the working time is spent exposed to prevailing weather conditions grease, oil, fumes and noise when on site. The remainder is spent in an air-conditioned environment, on transportation. Terms and Conditions:
- Employment Type: Contract Hire
- Duration: Long term
- Rotation: 4 weeks on followed 4 weeks off.
- Remuneration: All-inclusive Gross/Month in AED
- Completion of secondary technical education (12 years) plus 2 years advance vocational education in instrumentation systems.
- 5 to 7 Years’ experience in the maintenance, repair and calibration of a variety of electronic and pneumatic instrumentation, with a background in computer systems, 2 year of which in a Senior Technician position, preferably in the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Good Command in English language, written and spoken.