Type of Employment
Contract to Permanent
About the job
8:00am to 5:00pm
The Maintenance Assistant has the principal responsibility to help and follow the tasks set by his or her Tutor Technician ensuring that
the equipment, both for preventive maintenance and repair, is maintained to the highest standards and according to the latest
specification. He/she is aware of the potential risks associated with such maintenance and works in a safe, orderly and efficient manner.
The Maintenance Assistant accurately reports completed maintenance and failure occurrences under supervision of his or her
The Maintenance Assistant reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor and functionally to his or her tutor technician.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
People & Training
- Fully participates in technical Training Tasks set by his Tutor Technician and ensures his/her training is accurately recorded.
- Learns, through organized seminars and personal study, the operational and technical characteristics of equipments.
- Promotes the importance of Service Quality within the maintenance community.
- Understands and complies with company's rules and regulations.
- Assists in the development and coaching of less senior Assistants.
- Maintains close communication with Tutor Technicians, FEs and FTs form operation.
Process & Equipment
- Ensures all assigned equipment is continually maintained at the highest standards, resulting in proper functionality and minimum
- Performs the maintenance strictly, as per procedure, and according to the defined schedule defined by Tutor Technician.
- Efficiently troubleshoots and repairs assigned equipment, and if required, repairs equipment at the wellsite.
- Records all maintenance and failure events immediately and accurately.
- Understands and helps drive the World Wide Service Quality Plan within the location.
- Actively uses InTouch Support both for technical solutions and for knowledge sharing.
- Reports honestly and accurately at all times.
Quality & HSE
- Promotes a culture of safety awareness within the maintenance community.
- Ensures his/her work areas are safe, clean and orderly at all times.
- Keeps Maintenance Manuals and other confidential documents secure and in good order.
- Follows the company policies and procedures on health, safety and environment.
- Supports Management efforts to minimize general and Segment-specific Quality and HSE risks and promotes respect, understanding
and adherence to safety regulations.
- Uses QUEST to report RIR and for follow up on action items.
- Continuously strives to optimize the safety and efficiency of maintenance procedures.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of company and client information.
- Understands and actively applies the OFS LTI/AA Prevention Plan.
- Takes an active part in the Location LPT.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
The Maintenance Assistant must have the ability to perform maintenance in the equipment assigned. Basic Computer skills are
recommended. The candidate's knowledge, personality and drive must gain the respect of the other maintenance staff and the support
of the tutor Technicians and Supervisor.