United Arab Emirates
Type of Employment
About the job
Job purpose & Scope:
- Plan and supervise preventive, spot maintenance and repair of all marine facilities within Oil Field Petroleum Port Limits. Act as a Marine Team Leader whenever operation required. Supervise and follow-up the implementation of marine service contracts. Marine focal point for any new project or HSE standards.
- Job Officer for any marine service or work orders.
- Plans annual preventative maintenance programme for all marine facilities within Oil Field Petroleum Port limit, including single point moorings (SPM), light buoys, mooring points, offshore repeater tower and other equipment. Allocates work to contractors and supervise work in progress to ensure completion up to required standards.
- Supervises spot maintenance and repair work carried out at site either by subordinate technician or by the main contractors. Arranges with the assistance of Marine AUH for major overhaul and repair work on equipment to be carried out at shipyards. Assigned and controlled the necessary technical resources for project executions like SPM’s replacement and refurbishment.
- Dispatches appropriate vessel for maintenance work required by other services at the field, such as Telecommunication, Field Production and Maintenance.
- Develop short and long term operating plan, 5 year business plans for the section based on the approved company’s strategy. Prepare section’s annual budget drafts and expenditures.
- Initiate and follow-up services order and contract request form supplier, third party and classification society.
- Initiates requisitions for the purchase of marine equipment and spare parts including the oil spill recovery equipment & recuse boat. Conduct the technical evaluation for tenders and follow-up until delivery.
- Provides assistance and technical advice during oil spill recovery and rescue operations & drills.
- Maintaining and updating all history cards for company assets electronically via Maximo. Regularly report on the performance of all marine equipment to Company Management.
- Participate in review of new project studies, engineering for specifications, equipment’s modification and all technical documents received from HQ. Liaison with LG or Project Manager on project study, design and implementation.
- Suggest, initiate and review facility change requests as per company procedure for sub-sea and buoy system equipment. Implement modification or changes as appropriate.
- Supervise the activities of assigned personnel in the sections. Ensure that the work is carried out in safe, efficient manner and in accordance with the company policy and standards.
- Ensure that the employees are well organized, trained and motivated in order to effectively implement the agreed plans and targets. Ensure competency for team members by proper training and knowledge transfer.
- Prepare & assist internal & external marine audit for the Terminal marine operation by surveyors or by shareholders representatives moreover to create and follow-up action plans to fulfill any identified gaps or recommendation raised by the operation audit surveyor.
- Coach UAE national developees and ensure knowledge transfer and competency for integration in the operating group.
Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts):
- Participate and implement HSEMS activates related to the section.
- Increased function reliability by depending on ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 certifications and using several quality management methods and techniques. Focal Point in both ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001.
- To re-schedule the planned major maintenance jobs to avoid severe summer environment.
- Established entry procedure for SPM confined spaces for regular routine preventative maintenance.
- Ensure the contractor diving operation is carried out under the maximum available protection and health awareness.
- Distribute to all related working teams all near-miss, accident reports.
- Insure carrying on all the necessary scheduled routine maintenance job including the major overhaul and dry-docks.
- Periodically monitor, replace the crude hoses to avoid pollution spill.
- Regular contact with team leaders & engineers at Field and Marine Operations Personnel in Abu Dhabi for work coordination. Regular contact with CM buyers & Finance for material supply and specifications. Regular contacts with contractors’ representatives for the supply of equipment and spare parts.
Approximately 70% of the work time is spent, walking, standing and climbing when supervising maintenance work. Work Environment:
Approximately 70% of the working time is spent outdoors in maintenance yard, on maintenance barge and SPM and on vessels at sea exposed to prevailing weather conditions. Terms and condition
- Employment Type: Contract Hire
- Duration: Long Term
- Location: Offshore, Abu Dhabi – UAE
- Rotation: TBD
- Remuneration: Will be paid Monthly Gross Salary in AED.
- BSC in Marine Engineering.
- 6 years’ experience as Chief Engineer on Board tankers plus 5 years offshore maintenance work including SPM maintenance and diving,