About the job
WTS Energy is looking for Construction Manager (E & I) to work on rotation in Kuwait for one of its client who is a reputed Oil & Gas EPC company.
- The Construction Manager (E & I) is responsible for the day to day running of the project and acts as the principal point of contact for all construction aspects on the site. They will manage, plan, control cost and deliver program through sound safety and quality practices in line with agreed business objectives.
- The Construction Manager interfaces with Managers and other staff responsible for HSE, Quality, Project Controls and Procurement and ensure that the various contracts are completed safely, within schedule and budget.
- The candidate will be involved in project management responsibilities.
- Leadership and responsibility for health, safety and environmental performance is an important feature of the role.
- Leadership, Strategy, Direction and Culture: Demonstrate leadership qualities and act in accordance with the values and beliefs communicated in "Our Charter".
- Contribute to the development and profitable growth of company through the successful execution of the project;
- Build, coach and develop an effective team of competent personnel;
- Provide strong, decisive, leadership and guidance so that the direction for the project is clearly understood, communicated and executed;
- Develop and encourage a team culture that recognizes and features an energetic and confident approach whilst maintaining a positive, balanced and enjoyable working environment;
- Develop and enhance effective communications and relationships across the project so that there is a good network within the team and a strong sense of teamwork and trust;
- Establish and maintain an excellent business relationship with the client.
- Project Management: Provide overall leadership and direction through all phases of the Project, from the initiating through the final closing processes, with clear focus on the Project’s goals and objectives.
- Manage, direct and coordinate field construction activities in accordance with the requirements of the Project Schedule and associated Construction Work Packages;
- Ensure full compliance with the project’s health, safety and environmental management plans, procedures and processes;
- Manage stakeholder expectations;
- Perform Quality Assurance, ensuring that the project team and any subcontractors are fully compliant with requirements of the Project Quality Plan and Company IMS Procedures;
- Generate project data, such as cost, schedule, technical and quality progress to facilitate forecasting;
- Generate and submit valuations and sales invoices in a timely manner;
- Manage risks and implement mitigating risk Reponses;
- Coordinate and direct commercial matters in order to maximize profit on the project.
- Monitoring & Control: Ensure that tracking, review, regulation and reporting of progress takes place to meet the performance objectives defined in the Project Execution Plan, this shall include the following:
- Comparison of actual progress and performance against the various project baseline schedules, plans and budge
- Forecasting of costs at completion and schedule activities;
- Identification, analysis, tracking and reporting of risks and the associated response plans;
- Timely and accurate reporting;
- Update and issue of Key Performance Indicators (KPI?s) on a monthly basis
- Relevant Electrical/ Instrumentation degree
- Construction Management Experience – Essential Electrical and Instrumentation
- Number of post qualification experience: 20 years
- Number of years relevant industry experience: 20 years
- Number of years relevant experience in the role: Minimum of 10-15 years
- Number of years overseas experience: Minimum of 10-15 years