Type of Employment
About the job
For one of our clients we are looking for an Instrument Technician on board of a FPSO.
The mission for this job is to maintain, repair and ensure interrupted operation of all instruments related to the operation of the FPSO.
Duties of the job:
- Maintain, repair, update and calibrate all instrument systems;
- Know Emergency Shutdown and Fire and Gas Detection systems;
- Follow PTW system, rules, regulations and work procedures applicable to his responsibilities;
- Take supportive role as backup personnel to the (Senior) Electrician;
- Responsible for checking and recording of status on all process field instrumentation;
- Liaise with Storekeeper and Production Supervisor for spare parts stock and necessary purchasing;
- Assist in maintenance of various safety and alarm systems in whole unit;
- Carry out routine safety tests and checks on equipment as required by (Senior) Electrician and Production Supervisor;
- Undertake training relevant to the position requirements;
- On-the-job-training of colleagues and trainees;
- Member of Emergency Response Team.
- Electro-electronic education at higher level;
- 2 years’ experience as an Instrument Technician with Production Plant operation;
- Minimum of 1 year experience on board of a FPSO or VLCC;
- Very good English written and spoken;
- In possession of at least a Basic Safety training, SA, Medical Fitness, Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting, First Aid, Personal Safety, Engine Team / Resource Management and High Voltage certificate;
- European passport.