United Arab Emirates
Type of Employment
About the job
- Responsible for the safe and effective operation of all production processes, utility systems, plant and equipment and associated pipelines to achieve and exceed agreed production targets, ensuring compliance with Legislative and Company requirements to offshore production operations including the field case for safety.
- To provide personnel management and development of the production team with a focus on identification and implementation of training and development opportunities to maximize the effective utilization of offshore personnel's skills and resources, at all times ensuring that appropriate competence levels are maintained to support normal operations and emergency and emergency response requirements.
Support and satisfy the policies, goals, efforts, and programs of Dubai Petroleum Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems by:
- Ensure HSE & Environmental Issues are given primary consideration in all activities undertaken within area of responsibility.
- Demonstrate visible and effective HSE leadership through personal actions and behaviors. Participates and actively promotes golden rules for safety, horizon zero and Star safety programs
- Is a member of the offshore emergency control team (ECT) as Assistant OIM. Assume command in emergencies if the OIM is incapacitated. Ensure information is being passed onto the OIM and assist the OIM controlling emergencies.
- Ensure high quality follow up and inquiry following any incident, to establish measures to improve performance and prevent recurrence.
Support and satisfy the policies, goals, efforts, and programs of engineering, PHA and Asset & Operating Integrity [A&OI] system by:
Communication and Important Working Relationships:
- Offshore focal point for A&OI; liaison with A&OI engineers on project requirements delivery; relays A&OI performance data & areas of concern to the OIM.
- Acts as offshore focal point and custodian of ORA system.
- Deliver facility improvement activities. Offshore focal point closely liaising with onshore engineering in respect to the life cycle of the proposal.
- Provide input ti the planning function ti minimize plant downtime, optimize plant preparation and ensure robust method statements are in place to allow safe and efficient execution of critical and overdue activities to meet KPI compliance and assurance (A&OI) activities.
- Controls activities ensuring the continued integrity and operational efficiency of process plant equipment and associated facilities.
Terms and Conditions:
- Internal Contacts: Offshore Leadership Team, Production and Maintenance Teams, Well Services & Integrity Engineers, Operations Support Engineers, A&OI Engineers, Port Captain; Admin & Logistics Supervisor, PTW Coordinator; Contract & Project Team Leaders; Camp Boss, HR, Logistics Management & JAOSB, Production Engineering Management, Chemicals Management Team & Aviation Management Team.
- Employment Type: Direct Hire
- Duration: Long Term
- Rotation: 4 weeks on followed by 4 weeks off
- Remuneration: All-inclusive Gross/Month will be paid in AED.
- Location: Offshore, UAE.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Job Related Competencies:
- Educational Qualifications: Appropriate Guild/Trades Certificate: (Diploma or Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Instrumentation, Production Or Chemical Engineering would be preferred).
- Experience Profile: Minimum 15 years in an Oil & Gas field Production Environment, with 5 years Supervisory/ Management experience, with Management of Major Emergencies &/or OPITO OIM Certification. A thorough understanding of the operations safety case, statutory requirements and safe systems of work including the PTW, isolation procedures, and risk assessment policies and standards. Sound Knowledge of Offshore Operations including working knowledge of drilling, sub-sea and construction activities.
- Competencies/Skills/Others: Excellent written and spoken English. Strong Supervisory skills are an essential for this role - Effective communication and leadership. Working knowledge of computer applications software such as Microsoft Office; Oracle CMMS System; CMO; ORA; Anomaly & Live-link Business Information System.