Type of Employment
About the job
Schedule: 14 X 7
NO RELOCATION ASSISTANCE- LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY (Midland and Odessa area) Prefer to have pressure and crane training.
Job Summary :
Under moderate supervision, performs such duties as required in the servicing of oil and gas wells and the
maintenance and repair of service units and tools. Having satisfactorily completed all the training requirements
for Trainee Operator, the Assistant Operator will broaden experience on well sites and primary tool maintenance.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties :
1. Operates, under normal conditions, the winch unit for running in and out of the hole; "zeros" tools and monitors
tension meter, cable speed, depth and spooling of cable; understands depth control and weight indicator systems;
uses all winch cable safety controls.
2. Prepares well for service operations, aligns logging unit, installs sheave wheel, threads cable, and connects
multiple tools as required.
3. Learns to select, load and unload required tools and corresponding surface instrumentation for the job.
4. Learns to assist the Engineer in maintenance checks of tools and equipment in the Cell.
5. Participates in inspecting, maintaining and repairing primary tools, service units, and associated equipment
according to the RITE program.
6. Learns to service, maintain, and assist in marking cables.
7. Learns to build bridles and heads.
8. Identifies the surface instrumentation, tools, and associated equipment required to run each service in the
1. Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
2. Attends and participates in safety meetings as required
3. Keeps and maintains time sheets, and dangerous goods forms current and accurate
4. Performs tool TRIM
5. Calibrates tools as required
Class A CDL (No Endorsements)
- High school education or equivalent.
- Evaluation of at least "Satisfactory" on the Trainee/Assistant Operator section of XX.
- Minimum of six months as a Trainee Operator.
- Experience in accurately meeting predetermined specifications.
- Understand basic use of volt/ampmeters.