United Arab Emirates
Type of Employment
About the job
WTS Energy is looking for an Emirati Financial Analyst (Business Analysis & Decision Support) to work permanently in Dubai. The client is a national oil company.
The Job holder supports the business analysis and decision support function by performing in depth detailed analysis of the various performance drivers and highlighting the areas of concern on a proactive basis.
• Responsible for developing, introducing, monitoring and suggesting improvements to the overall Budget/Planning and reporting processes for the Retail Business Stream (RBS).
• Responsible for BI Cognos Updates and reporting system
• Responsible for preparation of Expenditure Requests, Head Lease Analysis, Post Expenditure Analysis, Promotional Analysis and other analysis relating to new initiatives/projects
• Contribute to the process for developing the RBS business strategy.
• Forecast Seasonality trends
• Analyze current performance data to measure the progress of the business
• Collecting Trade Area development information
• Collect relevant external business environment data that influences the development of RBS Business strategy
• Develop timelines for compiling RBS Business Strategy in a well-structured manner
• Contribute within timeline for building the five years Plan including New to Industry and new initiatives for Retail Outlets.
• Develop timeline and schedule for building Top down & Bottom up Plan for Retail outlets
• Collaborate with Retail Operations Department to build up the bottom up Forecast and plan at site level.
• Analyze impact factors for detailed forecast of all site activities
• Prepare Site level Ratio Analysis
• Compile the plan figures in well-structured manner and update the same in the system
Business Analysis & Decision Support
• Prepare margin reports on agreed dimensions and other KPI related reports.
• Prepare monthly data for inventory analysis.
• Prepare standard internal management reports
• Prepare adhoc reports
• Assist in preparation of reports to be submitted to external agencies
• Analyse prior and post promotional activities on Stores/ Car Wash and QOC
• Prepare preliminary Profit and Loss statement of promotional activities
• Prepare periodical/weekly breakeven analysis report
• Prepare post promotional performance analysis report
• Monitor & identify product/promotion performance
New Investment /Projects.
Prepare Capital Expenditure Requests (ER’s)
• Analyze feasibility of New to Industry sites, re-build, APC Enhancements on existing sites, Real Estate Development and Capital Expenditure Requirements.
• Prepare Executive summary of trade area analysis
• Follow-up approval of Expenditure Requests
• Analyze Post Expenditure performance of Capital Projects versus assumptions
Prepare Post Expenditure Review (PER’s)
• Analyze performance of New to Industry sites, re-build, APC Enhancements on existing sites, Real Estate Development for two years from commissioning.
• Prepare Executive summary of projects with Capex above AED 1 million of performance versus Assumptions
• Follow-up approval of Post Expenditure Review report
Prepare Head Lease Analysis
• Analyze feasibility of prospective locations based on estimated trade area.
• Prepare executive summary of trade area analysis.
• Follow-up approval of Head Lease proposal
• Co-ordinate in the development and implementation of IT project enhancements and assists in the response to audit queries.
• Co-ordinate with business units for enhancement of Cognos reporting system
• Provide support to business units for planning module in ERP
• Conduct User Acceptance Testing of the system to ensure that it meets the requirements.
• Verify accuracy of site data
• Support in Month-end process to close the monthly books
• Verify Month-end reports and circulate to Business Units.
Cost Savings Initiatives
• Collate periodical data for various cost saving initiatives (like Project Evolve, Self-Serve, ROM Energy saving Project, etc.)
• Monitor performance
• Prepare Gap Analysis report
• Assist the Manager Business Analysis & Decision Support with ad hoc strategic projects and special assignments.
Support to Corporate Initiatives
• Prepare financial analysis as an SME for Innovate Scheme.
• Educational Qualification: Finance graduate.
• Experience in Financial Analysis
• System Skills: ERP system exposure, MS Office, Data Modelling.
• Inter Personal Skills: Good
• Communication Skills: Good
• Presentation Skills: Good