Trinidad and Tobago
Type of Employment
About the job
For a client in Trinidad we are looking for a Logistics Superintendent for a Deepwater Drilling project in Surinam.
For this position you are operating from Trinidad. Therefore we are looking for a Trinidad resident or someone who is authorized to work in Trinidad without permit.
As Logistics Superintendent, you will be the lead for all logistics planning and you will prepare and deliver the logistics strategy, detailed execution and contracting plans for the project. You will be accountable for ensuring all Logistics activities are conducted in accordance with standard procedures for Marine, Aviation and Materials management.
You provide expert logistics management for all aspects of the operation. Direct the Materials, Aviation and Marine Teams in their day-to-day work to ensure the most efficient use of vessels and aircraft to enable timely delivery of personnel, equipment and consumables for the overall benefit and efficiency of the operation.
You will work together with the management and internal customers to review and plan logistics requirements for operations. Also you will manage supplier performance and relationship management for major logistics providers associated with the project and oversee the inbound materials and equipment movements in line with operational and project requirements.
You will oversee the safe and efficient transportation of personnel, aviation operations and marine operations.
Next to this you will manage performance reporting across all aspects of logistics, including budget, service levels and compliance, but also oversee any logistics incident management.
You will engage with the Government of Surinam to ensure undisrupted and efficient operations. These are likely to include amongst others the Navy, Customs and Airport agency.
And you ensure that all materials are stored and maintained to avoid degradation through corrosion and that accurate up to date materials inventories are maintained at all times in SAP.
- Extensive proven senior logistics management experience in Upstream Oil & Gas.
- Authorised to work in Trinidad, resident of Trinidad would be preferred.
- International exposure within an Oil & Gas operating environment.
- Proven experience of setting up logistics operations to operate in remote, developing countries to support exploration and appraisal drilling operations.
- Preference for working experience in Trinidad and the Caribbean as well as other international remote regions.
- Proven logistics experience (transport, warehouse and materials) is paramount.
- Experience of supporting offshore drilling operations.
- Experience of managing aviation and marine operations supporting offshore drilling.
- Experience in managing drilling waste.
- Strategic and operational planning.
- Cost control and financial analysis.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited knowledge exists.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Excellent communicator in both written and verbally formats.
- Ideally has some Dutch language skills.