United Arab Emirates
About the job
WTS Energy is seeking to hire Production Support Team Manager for one of its client who is a reputed Oil & Gas operating company in Dubai.
To lead and manage the Production Support team, by providing technical support and guidance, to meet project and financial targets and to ensure effective communication and coordination of activities between maintenance, planning and procurement functions of the business while also ensuring high standards of safety, compliance with legislation, integrity and reliability of performance.
Key Result Areas (Key Accountabilities):
1. Manage the Production Support Team units - Electrical & Instrument, Mechanical and Rotating equipment - ensuring that business requirements, targets and deadlines are met. Provide direction and guidance and develop a pre-emptive planning culture to maintenance activities.
2. Design and build a detailed pre-emptive/planned maintenance programme to be rolled out and implemented across the business. Develop maintenance schedules for production equipment/machinery reducing the risk of breakdown and associated downtime and costs.
3. Provide overall coordination and management of the maintenance activities - planned and unplanned - within the production operations function developing a high performance maintenance team and implementing an improvement program aimed at a continuous reduction in unplanned equipment failure and downtime.
4. Ensure the maintenance, integrity and reliability of production equipment so as to limit the amount of downtime and cost to the business and ensure targets and deadlines are met.
5. Project Manage the approved maintenance programme. Provide training and development so as to foster a culture of a more measured and planned approach to maintenance.
6. Provide a link between the production operations, maintenance, planning and procurement functions of the business to ensure a functional and streamline process of planned procurement and maintenance activities.
7. Liaise with procurement and warehouse teams to create and develop an inventory programme to control and manage the materials stock so as to limit costs to the business while also ensuring a quick and reliable supply of materials as and when required.
8. Oversee the sourcing, tendering and procurement of materials as per business requirements.
9. Assist the Exploration and Production Director with the development of contract strategies to be implemented by the Production team.
10. Provide support and guidance to the offshore operations and maintenance teams. Coach and develop employees in order to promote continuous improvement and to ensure there is a skilled team with troubleshooting skills able to manage situations quickly and efficiently, minimizing costs and downtime further.
11. Encourage teams to develop a safety oriented sharing and learning culture, and apply best practice for continuous improvement of the operation.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent relevant technical experience.
Master’s degree preferable.
15+ years of industry experience across a variety of relevant roles including maintenance and procurement
10+ years relevant technical experience including experience with design and implementation of maintenance programmes
10+ years’ maintenance experience in the Oil and Gas industry with specific experience in High Liquid Operations and Gas Compression and with Lifting equipment- procedures and regulations.
Strong operations experience.
Knowledge of ORACLE Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) modules is desirable.
Competent with using Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and/or other maintenance planning/ scheduling programmes
Experience of leading a team, managing individual and group performance and delivery.