Type of Employment
About the job
WTS Energy is looking for a General Manager (Paper Mill) to work in Oman for a permanent role. The client is a commercial company wholly owned by the government of the sultanate of Oman
- To maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- To ensure the company operates in accordance with ISO standards and meets all requirements associated with obtaining and maintaining the registrations.
- To promote the safety culture within the company.
- To oversee the development of policies, processes and systems based on leading practices applicable to similar organizations.
- To build the company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business conduct and practices.
- To coordinate efforts by establishing supply chain, production, marketing, and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with corporate staff.
- To secure long term contracts for the organization by negotiating with clients, suppliers and others.
- To maximize the sales of paper cores to the local customers/clients and achieve close to 90% of the local market share
- To hold responsibility for top management staffing and budgeting projections.
- To control the financial aspects of the company and to ensure that all strategies are executed in line with the approved business plan. Full accountability for the profit and loss of the company. Responsible to set the pricing structure of the company.
- To develop a 5 year strategic plan and ensure execution once approved by the board of directors (BOD). To develop a budget for approval by BOD and ensure the budget is met. To propose amendments to such budget as and when needed.
- To maintain the company culture, values and reputation within and outside the company. To maintain relationships with Public Establishment of Industrial Estates (PEIE) and the local community.
- To keep BOD informed on company plans and performance on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- To ensure the development of an effective organizational structure and the promotion of a positive internal climate in which management development for succession is nurtured.
- To stay on top of the latest paper cores market updates in the region (including customers, competitors) and to constantly explore areas of growth for the Company.
- To ensure adequate levels of awareness among SPC staff about the Company performance, targets and others areas.
- To direct the planning and preparation of advertising and promotional material either created internally or outsourced to external agencies
- To ensure the development of all employees in a fair and transparent manner.