United Arab Emirates
Type of Employment
About the job
To perform, as part of a team, integrated reservoir studies incorporating all well performance data and reservoir information available.
The final objective is to contribute to the preparation and execution of the Field Development Plans (new wells, developments and reservoir management) to maximize oil production and revenues for the company.At Senior level:
At Lead level:
- Identify drilling opportunities, well interventions and prepare related documentation
- Quantify reservoir risk and uncertainty and integrate them in production forecast analysis
- Create and update 3D reservoir simulation models to be used for Field Development Planning
- Be involved in the daily management and/or planning of waterflood and EOR recovery mechanisms
- Visit operation sites to support major activity as requested by the business
- Mentor Junior staff on all Reservoir Engineering techniques
- Identify business opportunities within the assets
- Ensure Reservoir simulation work is supporting business objectives and that integration with reservoir geologists is made as smooth as possible
- Take an active part in business strategy discussions and annual reporting efforts (reserves, budget, staff review)
- Mentor and supervise more Junior staff ensuring available resources are maximized for the business.
- Act as a direct support to the Team Leads and provide Delegation of Authority support when required by the business
- Visit operation sites as requested by management
- Candidate is expected to support all development decisions
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Job Related Competencies
Degree in Engineering or Geosciences – M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree – B.Sc. might be considered.
Experience in building 3D dynamic simulations models.
Experience in support of field development planning and uncertainty analysis.
Experience in development well planning and execution (including high angle / horizontal wells).
Experience in Waterflood expected, EOR would be a plus
Experience in reserves calculation and general reservoir engineering reporting
Would be a plus:
Some operational experience (production, well testing, stimulation etc.)
Middle-East experience would be considered a plus but not essential
5-15 years for senior, much depending on experience quality
Teamwork: Good team player and capable of working effectively in a multicultural office environment to ensure information transfer within the organisation.
Attention to Detail and Quality: Ensuring data and interpretation integrity is a core responsibility.
Effective Communication: Reports and presentations to various audiences must be clear and comprehensible.
Initiative and Commitment to Achieve: Self-motivation is required as a proactive attitude is an important component in the role within a small dynamic technical team.
Problem Solving and Decision Making: rigorous evaluation and analysis of data while formulating reservoir exploitation solutions is required to make sound business cases.
Business Awareness: Execution of the role must acknowledge and reflect alignment with the company’s business objectives.