- Draft work orders and obtain work permits, together with wiring plans and diagrams from Supervisor, evaluate jobs and determine materials, equipment, transportation or other essentials required. Isolation/De-Isolation of electrical equipment on specific instruction after taking the necessary certification.
- Assists Technicians in their work, by examining individual components or circuits to identify faults, carrying out various electrical tests, providing technical instructions and inspecting completed repair work to ensure functional operation of appliances.
- Carry out preventive/routine and corrective maintenance including overhauling work on a wide variety of electrical equipment as instructed, and in accordance with the schedules and work priority.
- Produce preventive/corrective electrical procedures adhering to the HSE regulations.
- Issue comprehensive daily activity reports outlining the cause of the fault, the nature of the work and the materials, labor and time taken to complete the task.
- Carry out and check that all electrical installation and maintenance work is performed in accordance with regulations, ensuring that the installation of fuses, circuit breakers and other safety devices comply with safety regulations, and that all systems and appliances are properly earthed.
- Strictly observe Company Electrical Procedures. Fire and HSE regulations ensuring areas are clearly marked and sealed off, and the appropriate safety and work permits have been obtained before commencing work.
- Liaise with Supervisor and Production to obtain authority to re-energize once work is complete.
- Advises the Supervisor of required spares, materials and tools, and prepare requisitions as necessary, propose alternatives in case of shortage.
- Participate in reviewing technical projects/modification documents and raise concerns as required.
- Provide training, guidance, and coaching to newly employed UAE nationals to achieve high level of competency and timely integration.