United Arab Emirates
About the job
WTS Energy is seeking to hire Construction Manager role to work for one of its client who is a reputed Chemical Company.
Location: Abu Dhabi
Duration: Yearly renewable
Construction Manager will provide Overall Leadership to Construction Activities for the Project. Responsible for ensuring Safety, Quality & Schedule Objectives are met .Responsibilities:
- Maintain excellent relationships with all Stake Holders viz: Consultants, E&P Teams, Contractors and Construction Team.
- Primary responsibility for the implementation and enforce of Safety, Quality and Safety behavior programs.
- Ensure compliance of Company Project Procedures and Policies are strictly adhered by Contractors.
- Ensure Site Infrastructure Plan meets the requirements of Contractors, keeping Safety at highest levels.
- Monitor and manage risks, and develop recovery strategies along with Contractors when Project Schedule and or Budget falls behind.
- Maintain a strict vigil on Local Labour Law and enforce that they are met by Contractors.
- Ensure Productivity and help Contractors optimize equipment and tool usage.
- Along with Contractors Management devise incentive schemes for recognizing Safe Work, Delivering high productivity and ensure high morale is maintained throughout the Construction site.
- Perceive and Manage Risks
- Select Major Contractors, and continuously guide them to deliver as per Schedule.
- Take part in Constructability & value engineering studies along with E & P Teams.
- Develop Schedule with Project Controls and implement the same using Contractors and Service Providers.
- Optimize Construction work packages and select the relevant Contractor for the same.
- Diligently assess the performance of Contractors, collate all Progress reports and provide a feedback to Project Management regarding progress on a continuous basis.
- Manage Contracts and Contractors Invoices. Ensure payments to Contractors and Service Providers are made on time as per contract stipulations.
- Guide Contractors to Mechanical Completion, and ensure smooth transition to Pre-Commissioning Activities
1. 15 plus years of Project & Construction Management preferably from Oil, Gas, Petrochemical or Chemical Industry.
2. GCC Project Execution experience is highly desirable.
3. Must have received Safety Accolades for achieving NO LTI in previous assignments.
4. Bachelor of Engineering preferably in Mechanical/Civil/Electrical discipline.
5. Will have managed directly and indirectly an organization of 40-60 Headcount.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of local laws and regulations affecting quality and manufacturing.
7. Ability to implement engineering Drawings & specifications into construction activities.
8. Ability to analyze & negotiate change orders with contractors.