Type of Employment
About the job
The Project Manager will provide project management for a portfolio of projects. This will involve the production of plans, documentation and the provision of guidance for project teams and ensuring communication is maintained between all stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle. The Project Manager’s prime responsibility is to ensure that assigned projects produce the required deliverables within the defined quality, time and cost constraints and to facilitate full realization of benefits defined in the business case.
Responsible for management of assigned projects following appropriate project management methodology including gathering and defining comprehensive project requirements, establishing proper strategies for estimating, ensuring strategic alignment with business needs, developing project charters, project plans, budgets and schedules;
Assesses variances from the project plans, budgets and schedules, develops and implements changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, cost, and quality objectives. Ensures appropriate communication with management throughout project life cycle.
Support project initiation with senior management following appropriate project management methodology including gathering and defining comprehensive project requirements, determining staffing requirements, and forming cross-functional project teams where necessary
Lead negotiations with service contractors in the event of project changes and contractual disputes
Coordinate and provide direction for budget development, purchasing, engineering, accounting, cost, and construction functions as they relate to the completion of the project
Actively participates on internal team(s) that focus on continuous improvement of the business
Lead and manage the project closeout process
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- PMP certification is preferred
- At least 15 of overall experience managing mid to large size capital projects in the midstream oil and gas sector.
- At least 10 years experience in project management of midstream projects
- Project Controls experience is a plus
- Experienced in the design and construction of greenfield and brownfield terminal systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively manage the expectations of external stakeholders
- Excellent computer skills
- Senior level technical knowledge of piping systems, rotating equipment, minimum applicable design requirements and associated equipment and materials
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.