United Arab Emirates
Type of Employment
About the job
Scope of Duties:
Participates actively in the preparation of the annual and long term audit plans. Participates in identifying the technical & operational activities subject to audit coverage, evaluating their significance and assessing the degree of risk involved in the activity in terms of business continuity, cost and quality.
Conducts Technical & Operational Audits based on the annual plan in a highly professional manner and in accordance with the Internal Auditing Standards particular converging the areas including; Operations, Maintenance, HSE, Projects, Inspection, Laboratory, Asset Reliability, Engineering, Overhaul & Turnaround and Technical Services etc…
Identifies measures and prioritizes the risk in the audit process to address the auditable areas of greatest significance and determines the scope of the audit.
Analyzes and assists to evaluate the plant related activities so as to ensure that adequate controls exists and approved policies & procedures are complied with by the concerned departments.
Prepares formal written reports and action plans on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of controls and the efficiency with which plant related activities are carried out.
Conducts follow up of the agreed action plan with the concerned Departments to ensure adequacy and timeliness of remedial action.
Participates in on-the-job training for staff with emphasis on UAE Nationals and coordinates the training programs for the Internal Audit Division staff.
Plans, coordinates and supervises the work of assigned personnel to ensure that approved audit objectives are met and that sufficient audit coverage is achieved.
Conducts special assignments and other internal audit / advisory related activities as assigned by Vice President - Internal Audit.
Terms and Conditions
Location : Abu Dhabi - (Resident Based)
Company : State Owned Oil Company
Type : Staff Role
- Degree in Engineering with CIA / ACA / CPA / MBA qualification or equivalent.
- Total 10 years’ experience (including Technical & Audit) with minimum 6 years audit experience preferably in the oil & gas sector or related industries in a computerized system environment. Competency on the review and evaluation of key plant related activities i.e. Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, Projects etc.
- Good knowledge of the principles, procedures and practices of auditing including planning and sampling methods involved in conducting audits.
- Extensive knowledge in applying technical standards & practices, management principles and preferred business practices.
- Good experience in executing risk and process based internal audits.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills (English), active listening skills and convincing presentation skills.