Type of Employment
About the job
For one of clients, a major E&P company is looking for an exploration manager to lead and mentor a team of well trained geoscientist in Bucharest, Romania.
- Planning and executing annual exploration budgets, work program on operated licenses including well and seismic operations and technical studies.
- Supervising and mentoring the geoscientist in order to develop and execute a portfolio of growth opportunities.
- Manage and maintain a well-organized lead and prospect portfolio as the basis for planning future work programs.
- Planning and supervision of well operations - proposal, evaluation plans, final well reports and completion
- Maintaining and developing positive and effective working relationships with partners.
- Communicating effectively with corporate management to progress growth opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with National Agency for Mineral Resources rules and regulations.
- Master’s degree in geology or geophysics
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience as an exploration geologist and 5 years leadership of an integrated exploration team.
- Experience of planning and executing exploration drilling and formation evaluation operations as an operator.
- Excellent organizational skills and commercial eye
- Experience in managing budgets and work programs
- preferred SMT/Kingdom workstation experience
- Hands on interpretation work
- strong leadership skills and excellent communication