About the job
One of our multinational client is looking for a Sales Support Specialist/Manager specialized in Variable-Frequency Drives (VFDs) responsible to provide technical guidance, application advice and expertise to customers over the Southern Africa market.
Key Performance Areas of the Job:
According to a defined roadmap and agreed action plans and targets, you will:
- Communicates with suppliers on issues such as training, product developments and enhancements as well as technical queries.
- Provides sales support to the Business Unit team.
- Provides technical guidance, application advice to distributors and partner companies.
- Provides input on obsolete products
- Is kept constantly up to date with competitor activities and other market related activity including Products.
- Develops ‘Value Proposition’
- Evaluates in-house technical training requirements for the business unit.
- Prepare Product presentation
- Develops and implements training for the Sales Engineers, distributors, and customers of the Business Unit.
- Contributes to the research and writing of technical editorials.
- Responsible for the technical and Product selection of drives for submission of tenders/projects received from Customers and Sales Engineers.
- Attends tender adjudication and bid clarification meetings on behalf of the company.
Inherent Job Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years experience in VFDs in regards to business / technical knowledge of how systems work
- Knowledge of the most common used software and applications (e.g. SAP, CRM, Office etc.) is an added value
- Communication skills, high sense of commerce and team spirit are your characteristics
- Strong personal resilience and self-organization capabilities will be highly appreciated
- Willing to travel throughout South Africa and other African markets is a must