About the job
Company's Facilities of Future (FoF) R&D mission is to use data analytics, robotics, automation, with the help of artificial intelligence to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our oil and gas (O&G) operations. We are dedicated to making the operations safer, automated and more efficient, and less hazardous to every worker, and to reducing the overall operational costs of running the business.
The mission to advance the state of the art in robotics by leveraging the power of robotics, artificial intelligence, machine learning to create unprecedented manipulation, locomotion and machine perception or computer vision capabilities.
To help build industry-leading robotics technologies. We seek innovative scientists and engineers to develop robust robotic solutions to challenging manipulation, delivery and inspection tasks.
- Work as part of a team to develop and deploy entirely new robotic and automation solutions for O&G upstream operations.
- More senior and experienced candidates have an opportunity to lead and grow the team by addressing current challenges and identifying new challenges and projects.
- Research and develop innovative, robust and reliable robotic solutions to novel applications including challenging manipulation, locomotion, perception and inspection tasks.
- Implement, evaluate and extend published algorithms for sensing and control of robotic systems.
- Develop new mechatronic end-effectors designed to solve specific automation tasks and develop control software and algorithms to integrate this technology into a complete robotic solution.
- Characterize and evaluate the performance of developed robotic systems and identify technical limitation and strategies to overcome them.
- Manage the buildup, integration and verification of the system
Qualifications / Experience
- Graduate degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related fields.
- 5-8 years of experience in a related position. Industry experience is highly desirable.
- Substantial hands-on experience with robotic platforms or automation in an academic, commercial or industrial setting.
- Experience in robot control algorithms and software: motion planning, optimization, force/torque-control, and mechanical system design and prototyping.
- Desire to work as part of a team in a results-oriented R&D environment.
- Familiarity with robotic sensors such as: video cameras, LIDAR, IMU, force-torque, ultrasonic, SLAM
- Experience with motion control system components such as brushless motors, encoders,
- Proficiency in motor, actuators, drive train, and bearings; analysis and application
- Knowledge of frequency and time domain analysis of dynamic systems
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language (C++, C, MatLab, Python etc.)
- Working knowledge of analysis & simulation software, i.e MATLAB or MathCAD